Sunday, May 2, 2010

Cover Letter

For my final portfolio, I revised Project Two.  This was my favortie project, and I enjoyed revising it.  This project encouraged me to keep up with the current news of a topic.  I then had to go back to the topic and find the latest news for the final portfolio.  The first corrections I needed to make on Project Two were grammar and spelling.  I corrected words such as 'molestation', and added apostrophes and commas as needed.  These are simple mistakes that I could have avoided by just simply reviewing over my work.  Reviewing over my work is something I need to work on, because simple mistakes like these show non-professionalism.  I also analyzed my blogs more.  I looked at audience, purpose, and rhetorical appeals more.  For example, in the blog "Medical Help in Haiti", I discussed how the author uses logos and pathos to strengthen his argument. 

Over the course of this semester, I have learned many skills to help me in the future.  I have learned how to filter vague topics into a working thesis.  I have learned how to integrate sources with my ideas.  I have learned to critique my work with an "analytical eye."  These skills should help me in future classes and in my profession.

No comments:

Post a Comment